Saturday, June 7, 2008

B.Y.O.__.

Throughout the week we will be hanging out and sharing downtime at the cabins — one of the perks of staying in close quarters with 90 percent of our guests. We are looking forward to this lounging and visiting almost as much as the other activities we have scheduled. Even for the low-key events there are a few things we need, like wood for burnin' and chairs for settin'. We thought we could all pitch in for these few community items — particularly those of us who are driving and who can just throw a chair or something in the trunk:

Firewood.
Chairs (for around the campfires, etc.)
Board games/cards.

For those of you who will be in bustling Orick, California, on the evenings of Sunday, June 22, and Thursday, June 26, we are organizing two pot-luck barbecues followed by bonfires at the cabins.

For Sunday, Sarah and I will provide hotdogs, buns, and the necessary condiments. We could use anything that might go good with dogs, including:

Chips and dip.
Potato salad or macaroni salad.
Vegetables to grill.
Soda.
Beer.

For Thursday, everyone should bring their own meat to grill and something to share — like the items mentioned above.

These are just suggested pot-luck items. If you think of something else you would like to share — great. Just let us and everyone else know what you're bringing by posting here, so we don't end up with 50 bags of chips and no beer. There will be about 24 people on Sunday, and 28 on Thursday.

The first barbecue is two weeks from tomorrow!

Jason

8 comments:

Paul Reams said...

Jason-
I'm assuming that we'll be able to purchase meat to BBQ in Orick, right?

Why does someone need to bring firewood? We're in a forest, right? Don't redwoods burn?

Paul Reams said...

I can bring firewood-my grandma has a lot that she's been trying to get rid of. I'll just fill Amy's trunk with wood before I leave.

Unknown said...

Yeah seriously, one 2,000 year old redwood should last us the entire week. I am going to bring a shit-load of alcohol, and I'll grab a few bags of chips and snack stuff also. Everyone take note, we don't want to end up with two shit-loads of alcohol... well, Anna will be there, so maybe we do.

Unknown said...

Everyone's a comedian. You will be able to go to a grocery store in Eureka or Trinidad or some of the other coastal cities, but not Orick itself.

And Paul, maybe your grandma also has some of those cookies she makes she's trying to get rid of that you could fill the trunk with, too.

Unknown said...

I think I may have to demote "best man, better man" because ending up with two shit-loads of alcohol sounds fine to me! : ) I just got home from Frank and I's other June wedding fiesta so I haven't been able to think about what we want to bring for the pot-lucks (besides alcohol of course), but I'll consult with my fiance the chef and figure out something delicious for us to share! : ) Woo-hoo!

Unknown said...

Jason,Sarah
Dad said we would bring lots of beer,lots,and MOM will make both salads and I'll bake cookies for dessert.I have some great dip stuff so I'm going to make extra dip.Guys the redwoods won't burn green tree's don't burn.Their must be some where to get wood their I emailed Jolene to see if she can bring any.I did get all the s'mores stuff so know one need bring any.Let me know what else by the 18th .You know I'll bring lots.Love you mom. sooooo excited to leave .

Aunt Carol said...

Mr. and Mrs. Williams........I'll bring ranch beans for the crowd...might as well get to know each other intimately seeing as we are spending the week together:)....As many chairs as I can fit...4,5...I'll have to wait and see...cards and board games....and 1 juice box for the non-alocholic mature members of the crowd ( I'm sure 1 will be more than enough:))!! WWWOOOOOOWWWWWHHHHHOOOOOO!!!!!

Unknown said...

I'm gonna have to wait until closer to the day to see what ends up in the vehicle, but you can count on us for some meat, chairs, games, and depending on how domestic I'm feeling, probably some cookies, salad, whatever. Just know that we're there to support the cause.

-Steph and Steve