Monday, September 3, 2007

Travel pics, etc.

Well, we just spent the last few weeks prepping to move and moving — so we've been away from the computer. I've also been sick; one of the many perks that go along with meeting all those fresh new faces when the semester starts. I'm teaching seven classes this semester at four colleges and taking a French class. Sarah just started up yesterday with her new semester, so she's working and going to school full time — her usual, year-round schedule. We had been living in Allied Gardens (near SDSU) for the past year, but we decided to jump at the chance to pay off our debt and save for the wedding by moving in with my grandpa in La Mesa. He has allowed us to take over the two back rooms in his house, so we're working at getting settled in there (thanks to Anna, Amy, Paul, Jessica, Charles, Pam, and Doug for help with the move).

We've also been on hiatus in terms of wedding planning, but we hope to accomplish a few things in the coming weeks and get things rolling again.

Otherwise, I have attached a series of pictures from our travels, as promised to JT a while back. There are pictures from New York, Trinidad, Belize, Guatemala, and Italy.

Jason


Us in NY near Madison Square Garden (2005).


The beach we stayed on in Trinidad (2005).


Hiking to a waterfall in Trinidad (2005).


Exploring coastal swamps in Trinidad (2005).


Sarah holding a giant spider our guide found, Guatemala (2006).


High up on a Mayan temple in Guatemala (2006).


The ruins of Tikal, in Guatemala (2006).


Ziplining through the canopy in Guatemala (2006).


On the Cayes in Belize (2006).


Snorkeling with sharks off the coast of Belize (2006).


In Positano, Italy (2007).


Ancient temple in Paestum, Italy (2007).


Frank, Sarah, me, Chris, Beth, Anna at Pompeii, Italy (2007).


Looking into the crater of Mt. Vesuvius in Italy (2007).


The view from our villa in Positano, Italy (2007).

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay...I'm commenting too! Love the site!! Love the blog! Love all the pictures! Its like I know a famous couple with this "countdown to wedding" blog. So fun! Can't wait to see/hear more!
-Amy

Becki W said...

Hooray, I just got the postcard! I'm excited to plant my own tree! And to go to your wedding! I didn't remember that you guys walked with each other at graduation, that is crazy foreshadowing. I can't wait til June!

Unknown said...

I like your travel pictures! You were wise not to include Frank and I in too many, otherwise we would overshadow you and Sarah, being that Frank and I are the hottest couple in the family : )

Unknown said...

Actually, I am the hottest couple in the family, even though I am only one person

Unknown said...

oh shit I'm signed in as Anna!

Unknown said...

Smart is my brother.